Today we had our Team Day and I was on prayer with @jpilearn. Obviously we wanted to get people involved, ideally in our case with the aid of eLearning. Walking past the banner for the Year of Grace I had a bit of an epiphany (pardon the pun) whilst reading Pope John Paul II's statement:
'Keep Jesus Christ in your heart and you will see his face in every human being.'
I had been wanting to play around with augmented reality for a while and here was the perfect opportunity to use the contemporary world to bring a prayer alive. The simple procedure was as follows:
- Download Aurasma Lite app on all iPads
- Create a channel
- Subscribe all iPads to that channel
- Find a variety of images (in this case hearts)
- Print them off and stick on cards
- Mount the cards on name labels
- Find a variety of images new images (in this case images of the face of Christ)
- Save to Camera Roll of main iPad
- Using Aurasma, scan each heart individually and link to a particular face of Christ
- Ask everyone to wear a heart. During the prayer ask people to take an iPad (already logged onto wireless and primed in Aurasma) and 'look into the heart' of their colleagues.
- Observe the awe and wonder of your colleagues
This of course could be used for any learning or group activity.
A technical tip with Aurasma is to use images with good contrast i.e. light against dark. We found that pastel images were not recognised very easily.
Have a go. Enjoy!